– The martyr Ali Hassan Al Jabir (12/12/1955 – 12/03/2011)
-Qatari photojournalist/ Head of photography department in Al Jazeera TV channel.
– A holder of Bachelor of Arts, University of Qatar, 1982 and a Masters in cinematography from the Academy of Arts in Cairo.
– He is the first Qatari holding a college degree in cinematography.
– Director of the CNBC Arabia channel in Doha from 2005 until his death.
– Photography supervisor in Qatar Olympic Committee from 2001 to 2005.
– Head of photography department/ mobile camera in Qatar TV from 1979 to 2001.
– The last photo taken by him was the shrine of Omar Al Mukhtar, the Sheikh of the Martyrs in Suluq, Benghazi, while covering the war in Libya in March 2001. The team could not rescue the martyr Ali Hassan Al Jabir after being shot three times. For these, he is entitled “the Martyr of the truth”; he was the first photojournalist killed in Libya.
– He had various and distinctive activities and participated in many festivals of Fine Arts organized in Kuwait, Emirates, Tunisia, Sultanate of Oman and Egypt.
– He participated in most local exhibitions and obtained many Awards from Egypt, Kuwait, Sultanate of Oman and Emirates.
– Thousands of Benghazi residents participated at night in the funeral prayer for the martyr at the Square of Martyrs. They were applauding, saluting Al Jazeera channel and condemning the murder crime of the Martyr of the Truth who sacrificed his soul for the right and truth and the right of the Arab Libyan People to decide their destiny and gain freedom.
– The Qatari people gathered to receive the body of the martyr of truth and right Ali Hassan Al Jabir. His Highness Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thaniparticipated in the funeral of the martyr in the solemn funeral to “Abu Hamour Graveyard” in Doha.