Doha: (NHRC: 30/3/2009): The Department of Media & Public Relations, Media Section has prepared an attractive (Power Point) file displaying a summary of the various NHRC activities during the month of February- which included: the publication in the daily mass circulation Qatari daily, "Al-Wattan" of the second NHRC monthly Page a monthly page; the visits by both the American ambassador to Doha , and the Commissioner-General of the Commission of Jordan to NHRC HQ ; NHRC participation in the activities of both the fourth education week and the Law enforcement forum; and a visit to al-Tamkun al-Shamil School.
1) The second monthly page jointly edited by Reem Shahdad and Ali al-Sulaiti was published on Sunday, 1/2/2009;
2) His Excellency NHRC president, Ali Ben Smaikh al-Merry separately received at NHRD HQ, the American ambassador to Doha and Jordan’s High Commissioner for Human Rights on Wednesday, February 4, 2009 on Tuesday, February 10 / 2009 respectively.
3) NHRC organized a Training Workshop on Fundamentals of international human rights law on 15-19 February. Lecturers participating in the workshop included NHRC experts as well as others;
4) NHRC’s Research Section represented by Amna al-Maadeedh(Social Researcher) and Ms. Alyaa Nasser(Social Research Section Secretary), visited The Doha International Center for Persons with Special Needs on Sunday February 15, 2009. The aim of the visit was to get acquainted with the various services offered by the centre to persons of special needs;
5) NHRC participated in the activities of the Fourth Education Week which was held in the Doha Independent Secondary School for boys on 22-26 February 2009; the aim of the function was to consolidate cooperation between the school and other different educational institutions so as to maintain on-going contact with developments in the school community.
6) A five-day workshop Session was organized by NHRC on Enforcement of Laws on Human Rights. The opening speech at the workshop session held at the Millennium Hotel was addressed by, Ahmad Fuad, an NHRC legal advisor.